Skating

Skating
A2A, 38 mile finish line; 2011

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

I am Northshore Bound!!

Well, I did it! I registered for the Northshore Inline Marathon on September 17th!!! My friend Susan lives in Hastings, so she'll pick me up from the airport on the 16th to make the 2.5 hour drive to Duluth: we'll arrive in time to check in and have a nice dinner. Saturday morning is the race, I signed up for wave 2 - so we start at 7:54 am. I also managed to get a hotel room within 10 minutes of the finish line!! My goal is to finish the race in under 2 hours: the faster the better!

http://northshoreinline.com/

After the race and a quick shower, (26.2 miles will put a serious funk on me! hahaha!!) we plan on doing some touristy sight seeing stuff! (Gooseberry Falls & Split Rock. I do not know what either of those things are, but Susan seems to think I will enjoy them!)

I am very excited to do my first full marathon, and I am really looking forward to spending some time with my friend! I hope to meet some new friends in Duluth as well! I still plan on doing Houston, I just couldn't wait that long to do another marathon! I have the BUG!!

So for now I will start the longer distance training again - I will set my distance goal for my weekday skates to 18-20 miles and my weekend skates to 25-30 miles. I plan on skating on the Street Fights again, because those wheels are friggin FAST!!

I need to make sure I pace myself so I do not burn out before the end of the race... I have a habit of going balls to the wall for the first 13-15 miles, pacing myself for several miles; then dragging ass the last 3-5 miles. I don't want to drag ass at all... :)

Hope to see some of my new skater friends in Duluth!!

No comments:

Post a Comment