Skating

Skating
A2A, 38 mile finish line; 2011

Friday, June 24, 2011

Going the distance

Well, today I discovered the answer to the question 'how far is too far?' - for me it was 36 miles. I enjoyed the first part of my skate very much, but at about 25 miles in my left foot started hurting really bad on the ball of my foot. I don't know why? It made the last 10 miles pretty miserable! I hope it is just a matter of not lacing the skates up as tight... I was also out in the sun for 3 hours... So, I think from now on I'll keep my 'long' outings to 25-30 miles. It's no fun if you are in pain or uncomfortable!!! I want to focus on how fast I can do 13.1 and also work on completing 26.2 without stopping.

I may skate again on Sunday morning - just a short 20 miles... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment