Skating

Skating
A2A, 38 mile finish line; 2011

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Last Minute Tinkering...


Four more days until Texas Road Rash, and I'm doing my last minute tinkering... First of all, I got a set of MPC Road War wheels - I was hoping to try out the new Bont Mayhem wheels, but they haven't arrived yet. I went with the Road Wars on a recommendation and I hope they are comparable to my beloved Street Fights.  Second - with all due respect to you bare-foot skaters out there - I simply cannot do it. My feet sweat too much... I don't get that 'toe grip' that you guys seem to rave about; my feet are too busy sliding around making some really disgusting squidgy noises. I can't deal with it... I ordered a set of ultra thin ezeefit booties and got a pair of hyper thin Drymax running socks. My boots have stretched enough that I think this combination will work as far as comfort, moisture wicking, and blister protection. I'll give this set-up a try tomorrow. (My last skate prior to Texas.)

I've been taking this taper week thing very seriously... In that I don't feel like doing anything at all... I worked out on Monday - elliptical/weights; but then yesterday I didn't feel like skating (I have been having some tendon discomfort in the backs of my knees that's kind of been nagging me) so I didn't do anything. Today I also did nothing. I plan on a short, intense skate tomorrow; then nothing Friday and Saturday... I know I've been over-training a bit and my body is letting me know it's okay to chill. I'll get back to the hardcore training next week. Still eating super clean and looking forward to some Texas BBQ!!

I'm also still trying to make Apostle work: I have a friend who is willing to make the drive from Minneapolis to Ashland, so I just gotta work airfare/hotel into the budget. I REALLY want to go, so I hope I can make it work. That would get me to 4 races this year... That would make me super happy!!!

My next blog should be a recap of road rash. Hope it's not literal! I am REALLY excited to meet more of my online inline skater friends - especially the Texas Flyers! A few of them (Tom & Chris in particular) mentored me a lot last year and I can't wait to finally meet them!!

No comments:

Post a Comment